I have opened my own Preschool - visit macfadyenpa.com

Don't forget to visit our Facebook page and Pinterest for additional ideas and links! Updates are posted frequently.



Add yourself to Kreative Resources Blog Hop!



ANY COMMENTS DEEMED SPAM WILL BE DELETED! If you wish to advertise on my page you must contact me directly @ kreativeresources@hotmail.com













Friday 13 May 2011

Texture boards

I created these sensory boards out of dollar store cutting boards and common objects from the craft cupboard and around the house. There is sand paper - kitchen scrubbies - car wash mits - placemats - terrycloth towelling - fun fur etc. The edging is made from colourful shoelaces and each item is glued down with tacky glue - I find it stronger than hot glue - it just had to dry for a couple of days before use.  The children really seem to enjoy them!

Montessori Monday We shared this Idea here! :)

13 comments:

  1. Oh - this is awesome! I am so going to make this too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic idea! We are busy with sensory bins at the moment and this will be a fantastic activity to go with them. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. How simple & colorful! What a great idea! I am definitely going to pass this on to all my preschool and Special Ed. Teacher friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are beautiful! How do you use them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. When the children are holding them - touching them - I sit with them and talk about whether the textures are bumpy - smooth - soft etc. We talk about other things that may feel similar and relate it to things in our life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Michelle!
    I hope if anyone makes them they show me pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea! I love that you can just use tacky glue ... they're very professional looking and wouldn't be difficult to make! They would be a lot of fun to use with a blindfold, too! Thanks so much for linking up with Montessori Monday. If you could add the Montessori Monday button, that would be awesome! I just shared your post on Twitter and the Living Montessori Now Facebook page.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love them! I think Wheels would like them a lot better than the sandpaper ones I made. How did your kids like them?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kylie the kids love them and revisit them often.

    Deb I will add the button! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are so cute. I have been thinking of making some but didn't know where to start.... Thanks! They look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. And I added you button to my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, I love this idea!! I've wanted to make sensory boards, but wanted something sturdier than cardboard. I'll have to hit our local dollar stores and see what's available!

    PS: I'm your newest follower...can't wait to see what other fantastic ideas you have posted. I have a 2-year old, a baby on the way AND I'm an early childhood student, so can't wait to explore your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome April - there is plenty here to explore and lots of thrifty ideas which I hope you will find of great benefit! Enjoy that little bundle and have fun exploring together.

      Delete