I have opened my own Preschool - visit macfadyenpa.com

Don't forget to visit our Facebook page and Pinterest for additional ideas and links! Updates are posted frequently.



Add yourself to Kreative Resources Blog Hop!



ANY COMMENTS DEEMED SPAM WILL BE DELETED! If you wish to advertise on my page you must contact me directly @ kreativeresources@hotmail.com













Wednesday 14 September 2011

Felt Board Stories

Last week Montessori Alliance posted a link for Flannel Stories which are available totally FREE! There are many choices to fit many familiar themes and children's literature. I used two of the printables today - the children loved them!
I printed off the ones I wanted to use - laminated them and put Velcro on them so I could use the felt board to present them.

There was an old lady who swallowed a fly!
I sing this song to the kids every day - using the prop brought even more smiles to the children's faces.
Although there is a goat in my version of the song the children didn't seem to care that when we use the prop a cow has moved in. :) 

Donut Shop
What fun this was - each child was able to select a donut and identify the colour. Even the shy children wanted to come up and take a turn selecting their colour. The verse that comes along with the donuts is very similar to one I use for a cookie game (as seen in the post here - resource-storage )


Previously I had been using these felt mittens to teach colours - now I have something else to support that!

The felt mittens lead into the felt shapes - I hold them up like flashcards and the children yell out the colour and shape - great fun!

I know I will certainly go back to the link and print more since we had so much fun and I do love using props. I have written about that before - Props

No comments:

Post a Comment